Welcome to Buckfastleigh Community Care. We are a local charitable group with the aim of providing friendly support to elderly or isolated people in the Buckfastleigh area. We work in partnership with Sharing Buckfastleigh, which is a service run by volunteers for patients of Buckfastleigh Medical Centre.
The help we offer includes:
- Companionship and befriending
- Help with shopping
- Help with socialising
- Low level help in the home and garden
- Help with information and form-filling
- Outings to local shopping centres or areas of interest
- Carer relief
- Support after you have been discharged from hospital
- We are currently planning a Phone Friends service
In addition to this, Sharing Buckfastleigh offers a:
- Monthly Lunch Club with outings by minibus
- Sunday T-Set with tea, cakes and bingo alternate Sunday Afternoons
We have a team of trained volunteers who have been selected following an interview and application process, and whose heart lies very much in helping others in the community.